39th International Festival of Fashion, Photography and Accessories - Hyères
From 10th to 13th of October, 2024
Organized and produced by the villa Noailles association
Sign up and submit your dossier : December 12, 2023
The Hyères Festival promotes young artists in the fields of fashion and photography. Since 2017, the festival opens a third competition and a prize to the fashion accessories designers. Three competitions are framed around the villa Noailles, which also organises exhibitions, conferences and panels. These competitions highlight ten fashion designers, ten photographers and ten accessories designers, who are selected by a jury consisting of members of each profession. The selected artists’ creations are presented through a catwalk show for the fashion competition, a group exhibition for the photography competition and a group exhibition and a video for the accessories competition.
Over the four days of the festival, the selected young accessories designers individually present their first collection through a day spent with the members of the jury, and then in a collective exhibition open to professionals of the fashion world and the general public, and a video which will be shown as an opening of the fashion shows during the festival.
Numerous talents revealed by the past festival’s fashion and photography competitions have since become essential names in the creative fields: Viktor & Rolf, Gaspard Yurkievich, Felipe Oliveira Baptista, Sébastien Meunier, Anthony Vaccarello, Julien Dossena, Yiqing Yin, Léa Peckre, Satu Maaranen, Solve Sundsbo, Vava Ribeiro, Erwan Frotin, Joël Tettamanti, Charles Fréger, Grégoire Alexandre, Camille Vivier, Franco Musso & Luciana Val, Thomas Mailaender Thomas Mailaender, Rushemy Botter et Lisie Herrebrugh, Marina Chedel, Christoph Rumpf, Ifeanyi Okwuadi, Julia Dessirier, Kate Fichard et Flora Fixy, Noelia Morales, Capucine Huguet.
The Festival’s tight-knit bonds with the fashion and photography industries are one of its major assets: leading companies sponsor all events and awards, and thus mark their engagement towards young talent.
Designers that have taken part in the Festival as members of the jury count, to cite a prominent few: For fashion: Martin Margiela, Hussein Chalayan, Helmut Lang, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Martine Sitbon, John Galliano, Pierre Hardy, Jean Colonna, Azzedine Alaïa, Ann Demeulemeester, Christian Lacroix, Riccardo Tisci, Haider Ackermann, Kris van Assche, Dries van Noten, Raf Simons, Yohji Yamamoto, Felipe Oliveira Baptista, Carol Lim & Humberto Leon, Karl Lagerfeld, Julien Dossena, Bertrand Guyon. For photography: Marc Ascoli, Terry Jones, Peter Saville, Emmanuel Perrotin, Jeff Burton, Viviane Sassen, Melvin Sokolsky, Tim Walker, Peter Knapp, Walter Pfeiffer, Steven Hiett, Kamel Mennour, Bettina Rheims. For fashion accessories: Pierre Hardy and Christelle Kocher, Charlotte Chesnais, Hubert Barrère, Christian Louboutin, Aska Yamashita and Alan Crocetti.
In order to enter the competition, please adhere to the following steps.
- The competition is open to all fashion designers at least 18 years old.
- Individual and duo submissions only are accepted.
- The use of environmentally responsible fabrics or process will be encouraged
- Only collections of glasses or hats or jewellery or bags or shoes are accepted.
- The Festival supports the ten finalists and will provide means for them to produce their collection of 7 looks :
- Première Vision Paris, access to exhibitors at Première Vision Paris
- Atelier Aymeric Le deun, specialist in covered buckles and buttons
We advise you to create an original collection for this competition. The collections that have already been shown will not be favoured.
Register before December 12, 2023.
Fill in the form (do not omit any requested information).
Complete your dossier and send it before December 12, 2023
Your dossier MUST consist of the following:
- A prototype of an accessory created for this collection (sending the entire collection will not benefit your application)
- An accompanying letter listing the number of items for consideration (ex.: two high heels shoes with shoelaces)
- Photos of the prototype worn by a model and fully-developed photographic representation of the finished accessory from your collection (photos of the whole collection if possible) if finished
- 7 sketches of 7 accessories, each consisting of [all items should be size 30 × 40 cm]:
A detailed explanation of the sketch
A page on the materials employed
As well as a page on the chosen tonal palette
- A cover letter and a CV detailing your education and solely your experience in the fashion accessories industry
- A list of industry figures you would like to participate on the jury (maximum of 8)
- A printed copy of the email you received after completing the entry form
You must provide a stamped, self-addressed parcel corresponding in size to your dossier and prototype.
- a pre-paid parcel (such as Colissimo or Chronopost for entrants living in France)
- or a parcel accompanied by a cheque in euros covering the full cost of return postage, made payable to the Villa Noailles
- or a parcel combined with a bank transfer covering the full cost of return postage:
Association Villa Noailles
International Bank Account Number (IBAN) FR76 4255 9100 0008 0041 3879 136
Bank Identification Code (BIC) CCOPFRPPXXX
the transfer must specify that it is for « ACCESSOIRE 24 »
Eori : FR42237472800026
- or a pre-paid parcel with a courier * (UPS/DHL/ FEDEX or any other courier who will deliver to the country of origin)
The completed dossier, in its entirety, must be sent postmarked on or before December 12, 2023 to:
Villa Noailles – FIMPAH / Accessoires
47 Montée Noailles
- The sender must accept the responsibility for any eventual taxes and customs charges. Please do keep us posted!
The villa Noailles will not take the responsibility for any fees incurred and reserves the right to refuse any dossier when this may occur.
- Any incomplete dossier, sent without the necessary return postage, will neither be considered for the competition, nor returned to the entrant.
- The festival will not be held responsible for any damage or loss which may occur during either delivery or return.
- The options described in this regulation are the only to be accepted.
THE RETURN OF NON-SELECTED APPLICATIONS WILL TAKE PLACE END OF MARCH 2024.
An initial selection will take place in December 2023. This will be followed by a meeting of the selection committee during the month of January 2024. Entrants whose dossier has been selected by this final jury will be personally informed by phone by the organization.
You must then:
Either create yourself or have your collection of 7 accessories made.
Collaborate with the workshops of the Maison Hermès to create a leather accessoire as part of the Hermès Fashion Accessories Prize. A precise brief will be given to you during a day of immersion in the workshops and archives of the Maison Hermès. Your presence is mandatory on this day in February.
Be present in Paris from February 5 to 9, 2024 for Premiere Vision and to meet other Partners
Work with the Festival’s artistic direction to present your accessories collection through a group exhibition and film (Nataniel Robert - DA).
Be present in Hyères for one week during the Festival period. Accommodation and meals will be provided by the Festival.
NB: remember to book your train tickets to Hyères as early as possible.
The price list is not definitive and may change
GRAND PRIX OF THE ACCESSORIES JURY
The Grand Jury Prize for Accessories awards a collaborative project with the Métiers d’art, worth up to 20,000 euros.
THE HERMÈS FASHION ACCESSORIES PRIZE
For the third year, Hermès is renewing its partnership with the International Festival of Fashion, Photography
and Accessories - Hyères with the Hermès Accessories Prize.
Through this prize, Hermès is delighted to support young talent and demonstrate its commitment to boldness and innovation as pillars of creativity.
Creative freedom, the constant quest for the finest materials, the conveyance of exceptional know-how, innovative craftmanship as well as the aesthetics of function combine to embody the uniqueness of the house of Hermès which, since 1837, has supported those who learn, master and transmit creative gestures. The Hermès Accessories Prize, which provides a grant of €20,000, will be awarded to one winner selected by
the jury for the creation of a belt.
This follows previous years where the prize was awarded for the conception of a glove in 2021, a belt in 2022 and leather fashion accessories in 2023.
PUBLIC PRIZE - CITY OF HYÈRES
Other special mentions could be awarded by the jury.
-All of the chosen accessories designers must commit themselves to adhere to and respect the festival programme (which may be altered at the organiser’s discretion).
-The jury’s decisions for the selection of competitors, as well as during the festival itself, are final and without appeal.
-Selected winners will have to donate an accessory from their collection along with their completed dossier for the festival’s archive.
-The accessory created as part of the Prix Hermès will be part of the archives of the Villa Noailles.
-Selected designers and winners will have to inform the Festival’s organization of collaborations with its partners or competing companies for two years after their selection.
Grants and collaborations with new partners could be proposed.
Métropole Toulon Provence Méditerranée
Villa Noailles BP 70176
83405 HYERES Cedex
T. +33 (0)4 98 08 01 98
Fondateur et directeur général
Renseignements coordination du concours accessoires