Design Parade Hyères - 16th international design festivalfrom 24 June to 4 September 2022
Jean-Pierre Blanc is both the founder and the director of the festival which is presided over by Pascale Mussard.
Created in 2006, the Design Parade Hyères festival aims to share with the public and the professionals the contemporary creation in the field of design. As major point, the competition presents ten young designers every year offering them a unique visibility and support. The festival is also a moment of sharing, encounters and discoveries. Ten year after its older festival, launched in 2016, Design Parade Toulon follows the same goals.
Henceforth, each summer, the villa Noailles organises Design Parade in two events: the first in Toulon, for interior design, and the second at Hyères, for design.
Design Parade will allow, over an extended weekend, for the fullest view of the decorative arts in contemporary design. The festival is also an opportunity to discover the heritage of these two neighbouring towns, which both offer an expression of the architectural and decorative wealth of the Métropole and Var region.
Several prizes are awarded to the competing designers thanks to grants provided by the festival’s partners who commit, together with the festival, to provide long term support: the Manufacture de Sèvres, CIRVA in Marseille for Hyères, Van Cleef & Arpels, CHANEL, le19M and Mobilier national for Toulon.
Practical assistance is provided right from the selection stage as well as during a period of two years in various different domains: financing, production, craft, materials, production, legal, media, exhibitions, workshops and residencies.
Design Parade Hyères Grand Prize of the Jury: Claire Pondart & Léa Pereye
Special Mention of the Jury: Steven Coëffic
Public Prize of the city of Hyères: Claire Pondart & Léa Pereye
Grand prix du jury Design Parade Hyères
The Grand Prix du Jury Design Parade Hyères consists of:
- A one-year research residency at Sèvres – Manufacture et Musée nationaux.
- A one-year research and production residency at the Cirva (International glass and visual arts research centre) in Marseille, to create a vase. This vase will be produced in triplicate: one for the Cirva collection, one for the permanent collection at the villa Noailles and one for the designer.
- American Vintage teams up with the Design Parade festival for the third year in a row. The brand will give the winner of the design category a grant and the opportunity to express his or her skills by creating a design piece in collaboration with the brand.
- Carmignac Foundation, established on the island of Porquerolles since 2018 through the Villa Carmignac dedicated to contemporary art, has decided today to strengthen its links with the Villa Noailles by creating the Fondation Carmignac endowment. One of the winners of the object design or interior architecture competition, chosen in agreement with the Carmignac Foundation and the members of the juries, will be invited during a residency to create an object in line with the philosophy of the place.
- the participation at the competition as jury member and a personal exhibition at the villa Noailles during Design Parade 17, in summer 2023.