38th International Festival of Fashion, Photography and Accessories, Hyères-
From 12th to 15th of October, 2023
Submit your dossier : December 5, 2022
The Hyères Festival promotes young artists in the fields of fashion, photography and accessories.
Each year, the festival organises three competitions as well as exhibitions, conferences and panels, held at the villa Noailles and in the city Hyères. These competitions highlight ten fashion designers, ten photographers and ten accessories designers, who are selected by a jury of experts of each profession. The selected artists’ creations are presented through a catwalk show for the fashion competition, a group exhibition for the photography competition, a group exhibition and a video for the accessories. Over the four days of the festival, the selected young artists individually present their first collection through a day spent with the members of the jury, a showroom and then during a catwalk show open to members of the fashion world and the public of the Festival, which is coordinated under the artistic direction of Maida Gregori-Boina.
Numerous talents revealed by the past of the festival’s fashion competition have since become essential names in the world of fashion: Viktor & Rolf, Jamin Puech, Karine Arabian, Sami Tillouche, Gaspard Yurkievich, Felipe Oliveira Baptista, Sébastien Meunier, Christian Wijnants, Richard René, Swash, Anthony Vaccarello, Julien Dossena, Jean-Paul Lespagnard, Cunnington & Sanderson, Mareunrol’s, Yiqing Yin, Léa Peckre, Steven Tai, Satu Maaranen, Kenta Matsushige, Annelie Schubert, Wataru Tominaga, Vanessa Schindler, Rushemy Botter et Lisi Herrebrugh, Christoph Rumpf, Tom Van der Borght, Ifeanyi Okwuadi…
The Festival’s tight-knit bonds with the fashion industry are one of its major assets: leading fashion companies sponsor all events and awards, and thus mark their engagement towards young talent. Designers that have taken part in the Festival as members of the jury count, to name but a prominent few : Martin Margiela, Hussein Chalayan, Helmut Lang, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Martine Sitbon, John Galliano, Pierre Hardy, Jean Colonna, Azzedine Alaïa, Ann Demeulemeester, Christian Lacroix, Riccardo Tisci, Kris van Assche, Dries van Noten, Raf Simons, Yohji Yamamoto, Felipe Oliveira Baptista, Carol Lim & Humberto Leon, Karl Lagerfeld, Julien Dossena, Bertrand Guyon, Haider Ackermann, Natacha Ramsay-Lev, Jonathan Anderson, Louise Trotter and Glenn Martens…
In order to enter the competition, please adhere to the following steps.
- The competition is open to all fashion designers at least 18 years old.
- Collective submissions – duo ONLY - are accepted.
- Only collections for men, women or genderfree may be entered for the competition, no mixed collections.
- The use of environmentally responsible fabrics or process will be encouraged
- The Festival supports the ten finalists and will provide means for them to produce their collection of 8 looks (collection of 7 looks + 1 look competing the L’Atelier des Matières Prize):
- Première Vision Paris, access to exhibitors at Première Vision Paris
- Atelier Aymeric Le deun, specialist in covered buckles and buttons
- La Confédération Européenne du Lin et du Chanvre I CELC
We advise you to create an original collection for this competition. The collections that have already been shown will not be favoured.
Register before December 5, 2022
Fill in the form (do not omit any requested information).
Complete your dossier and send it before December 5, 2022
Your dossier MUST consist of the following:
- A look created for this collection (complete outfit, accessories included)
- An accompanying letter listing the number of items for consideration (ex.: 1 jacket, 1 shirt, 1 skirt, 1 pair of shoes, 1 hat)
- a professional and fully-developed photographic representation of the finished look for the collection, images of the look worn by a model or mannequin if it possible (images of the entire collection if possible) if you made it.
- 7 sketches of 7 A/W looks for 2023, each consisting of [in a 30 × 40 cm size] :
- Technical specification
- A detailed explanation of the sketch
- A page on the materials employed
- As well as a page on the chosen tonal palette
- A detailed description of the catwalk show you wish to create for your collection (music, atmosphere, type of model, hair & make up)
- A cover letter and a CV detailing your education, solely your experience in the fashion industry
- A list of industry figures you would like to see on the jury (maximum of 8)
You must provide a stamped, self-addressed parcel corresponding in size to your dossier and prototype.)
- a pre-paid parcel (such as Colissimo or Chronopost for entrants living in France)
- or a parcel accompanied by a cheque in euros covering the full cost of return postage, made payable to the Villa Noailles
- or a parcel combined with a bank transfer covering the full cost of return postage:
Association Villa Noailles
International Bank Account Number (IBAN) FR76 4255 9100 0008 0041 3879 136
Bank Identification Code (BIC) CCOPFRPPXXX
the transfer must specify that it is for MODE 23
- or a pre-paid parcel with a courier * (UPS/DHL/ FEDEX or any other courier who will deliver to the country of origin)
The completed dossier, in its entirety, must be sent postmarked on or before December 5, 2022 to :
Villa Noailles – FIMPAH / Mode
83400 Hyères – France
- The sender must accept the responsibility for any eventual taxes and customs charges. Do Let us know!
The villa Noailles will not take the responsibility for any fees incurred and reserves the right to refuse any dossier when this may occur.
- Any incomplete dossier, sent without the necessary return postage, will neither be considered for the competition, nor returned to the entrant.
- The festival will not be held responsible for any damage or loss which may occur during either delivery or return.
- The options described in this regulation are the only to be accepted.
Non-selected applications cannot be returned before the end of March 2023.
An initial selection will take place at Hyères, in December, 2022. This will be followed by a meeting of the selection committee during the month of January 2023. Entrants whose dossier has been selected by this final jury will be personally informed by phone by the organization.
You must then:
- Either make yourself or have made your 7 outfits.
The selected entrants may benefit from the assistance of :
- Première Vision Paris
- Puntoseta for the creation of fabrics
- Supima, cotton producer
- Atelier Aymeric Le Deun, coated buckles and buttons
- La Confédération Européenne du Lin et du Chanvre I CELC
- Create an outfit for L’Atelier des Matières Prize:
In addition to the 7 silhouettes from your own collection, you will design a silhouette as part of L’Atelier des Matières prize, made from materials provided by the atelier.
To collaborate with the Métiers d’Art as part of the Prix le19M des Métiers d’art.
Each finalist will be assigned an Metier d’Art with which he will have to think and create in part or in whole one of the silhouettes in collection.
Be present in Paris from february 6 to 20, 2023 included, in order to participate at the Premiere Vision Paris Event.
Be present in Hyères for 10 days during the festival period. Accommodation and catering costs will be covered by the festival.
(the list of prices and grants is not definitive and may change)
Four prizes will be awarded by the jury:
The Grand Prix of the jury Première Vision consists of :
- a grant of 20,000 euros offered by Première Vision and a high level of visibility during a Première Vision Paris event in february 2023.
- a collaborative project with the Métiers d’art, worth up to 20,000 euros.
- the conception of a capsule collection that embodies the Galeries Lafayette’s values of inclusivity and diversity in the fashion world
- an allocation of fabrics and dedicated support from CELC to create one or several silhouettes to help the winner of the Grand Prix du Jury Première Vision in the development of the marketing of his future collection.
- ICICLE will invite the winner of the Grand Prix du Jury Première Vision to create a capsule collection.
- Madame Figaro, media partner, will offer a visibility and an editorial to the winner of the Grand Prix of the Jury Première Vision.
The le19M Métiers d’art Prize:
The vocation of the le19M Métiers d’art Prize is to reward the best collaboration between the ten finalists and ten of the Houses belonging to Métiers d’art. Paloma, Montex, Goossens, Lognon, Lesage, Lemarié, Maison Michel, Ateliers de Verneuil-en-Halatte, Causse and Desrues.
The winner, chosen by the Fashion jury, will receive a grant of 20,000 euros to make a new creative project that will be unveiled next year, at the 38th edition of the festival.
Mercedez-Benz Sustainability Prize:
Following the inaugural award in 2021, the MercedesBenz Sustainability Prize marks the brand’s ambition to drive responsible luxury forward. Launched together with the brand’s partner Fashion Open Studio, the prize bolsters Mercedes-Benz’ continued support of the next generation of international design talent at the festival. Selected by the official Festival Hyères Fashion Jury, the finalist who best incorporates the learnings into their collections, will be announced during the Festival Hyères Award Ceremony. The winner will be awarded a 20,000 euros grant by Mercedes-Benz.
L’Atelier des Matières prize
The first ever L’Atelier des Matières prize will be awarded to one of the ten Fashion prize finalists for the creation of a silhouette made from materials provided by the atelier. The designs created by the ten finalists will be presented in two dedicated shows and in the festival showrooms.
A selection of fabrics and leathers worth 10,000€ from L’Atelier des Matières will be made available to the winner
Others grants :
As official partner of the Hyères Festival, SUPIMA will lend its support to this year’s finalists of the “fashion” section contest with a donation of SUPIMA cottons. All finalists using SUPIMA cotton will have one of those looks presented at the SUPIMA DESIGN LAB in October.
Puntoseta offers to all awarded designers an original printed fabric.
Premiere Classe will showcase the Formers finalists of the Festival in a special showroom during the Paris Fashion Week in October offering them a great visibility for their business development.
L’atelier Aymeric Le Deun, specialist in buttons and fabric or leather covered fashion accessories, supports the finalists by offering them the production of buttons for their collections.
Catwalkpictures.com offers to all the award winners the pictures of their first fashion show in Paris.
Other special mentions could be awarded by the fashion jury.
Please note :
All the selected designers commit themselves to follow and respect the programme (any modification may be made by simple decision of the organisers).
The decisions of the jury, made at the time of the selection and during the Festival are final.
The laureate will be required to give up a complete set of their collection for the Festival’s archives.
Laureates and selected competitors competing in Hyères must keep the Festival informed of collaborations with Festival partners or with competitors of Festival partners within 2 years of the date of the Festival.
The collaborations mentioned above are subject to change.
Other collaborations, not yet determined, with partners of the Festival are likely to be created…
Métropole Toulon Provence Méditerranée
Villa Noailles BP 70176
83405 HYERES Cedex
T. +33 (0)4 98 08 01 98
Founder and General Director
Artistic director for the catwalk shows
Information, fashion competition manager